Danner Lookout 8" Black 800 Gram Boots provides all day comfort and performance, while providing 800 grams of warmth in the coldest of climates.
- All-new Danner Comfort System (DCS) delivers best-in-class durability, support and comfort
- Durable, waterproof, polishable, full-grain leather and ripstop ballistic nylon upper
- Waterproof Danner Dry liner pulls moisture away from the foot for greater comfort
- Anatomical design and broader toe box for responsive fit
- Patent-pending plush dual-density footbed for cushioning, underfoot venting for maximum airflow and Airthotic® heel clip for support
- 800 grams of Thinsulate™ Ultra Insulation offer lightweight warmth for those needing protection in cold climates
- Danner Lookout slip-resistant outsole with dynamic lug pattern for superior traction and maneuverability
- Body fluid borne pathogen resistance meets or exceeds NFPA 1999-2013 sec 13 7.4 2.7 and ASTM F1671-13 standards
- Nylon shank
- 8” height
- 66 oz
|Best Use||Duty Boots|
Shipping & Delivery
Normal shipping days are Monday - Friday (Saturday based on delivery location, not guaranteed). If expedited shipping chosen, in-stock items ship immediately. Backordered or out of stock items will be shipped best method, Standard Ground. Domestic shipping only. Streicher’s does not ship to PO Boxes. See our Shipping Policy.
NOTE: Because of UPS's shipping policy to HI and AK, Streicher's is not able to ship ammunition to these states. All ammunition must ship via ground shipping. Shipping costs are based on total dollar of the order. Standard ground shipping cost is $6.99 on order totals up to $99 then free ground shipping after that. Expedited shipping via air is available for a nominal fee, normal shipping restrictions apply. See our Return & Exchange Procedures.
I bought these because I wanted a warmer boot, without having to wear my personal PAC boots when it gets cold here in MN. I tried these on at the store, and I went up 1/2 size from my usual 8 that I get in most footwear. This might be because of the insulation, or maybe a Danner thing, I'm not sure.
The boots are light like a duty boot, comfortable, and very warm. I haven't been able to try them in anything cooler than 5 degrees yet, but at mid 20's they are almost too warm. The laces are a bit odd, but once you tie a not on the end of your laces so they don't fall through the vertical loops, they tighten nicely and stay even.
I really wanted a duty boot that I could still run/climb/fight in, wasn't cumbersome around the gas and brake pedal, and kept me warm on these MN night shifts. This boot did all of that and polishes up ok too.
These can't be re-soled or anything like that, but hopefully with only wearing them 3-4 months a year, they will last me a few.